Friday, 11 July 2014

Free Posters - Positive Classroom Rules


I'm getting ready for back-to-school. I might be switching grades from first grade to fourth grade. It is always good to change your grade level. I always learn new things with each batch of kids. I would also have to dig back into my fourth grade resources and do some back to school shopping. Yay!

Anyway, enough about that. I have a treat for you. I made these free classroom posters with illustrated classroom rules (it would work for first grade, second grade, third grade and even fourth grade because they're already in my new classroom).

   

I took out my washi tape collection so that I could border up my bulletin board area.  I love the way that the washi-tape separates my board into sections.  The tape comes off easily if I need to change things up again.  The poster above stands on it's own with all of the rules shown.  The other posters in the set can be placed separately around the classroom or you can group them into a larger poster that gets even cuter with the washi tape and foam stickers.  The thing that is important to note with these posters is that I deliberately took out the phrase 'Do not' because it generally sounds negative and limiting.  I don't want my students to feel stifled by that negative tone.  These rules have a more encouraging tone but it encourages only what is acceptable and expected of students.  Does this sound like a good idea?  I got the idea from a fellow teacher and I must say...

Gosh! Why don't we all do that?    I love the idea. You can download your free copy here at my TpT Store. I hope you like them.

Free Posters - Positive Classroom Rules

No comments:

About Me

My photo
As a Caribbean primary school teacher, I share my unique classroom with the world through this blog. Readers step into my class through the pictures, articles and classroom samples of games and lessons used in my class. I have been teaching since 2005 at the std. 4 primary level in Trinidad and Tobago. I am particularly interested in sharing my own personal lesson plans, tests and activities. Teachers need to share ideas and support each other because in doing so, we help to educate our students and develop ourselves as teachers. Technology is ever evolving and we as teachers should get on board with it, collaborate and keep up to date with this new age that we live in. Our students belong to this technological era and we must embrace opportunities to learn from each other in this global community. I also love to express my creativity in the classroom. I am a bit of a craftster . So I'm always cutting, gluing or making something... a game, a chart, a learning center, etc. So, teachers and parents, feel free to stop by and see what's new at Nyla's Crafty Teaching!