Sunday, 29 September 2013

Fraction Dominoes

Fraction Dominoes matching card game for equivalent fractions

Have you ever seen Fractions Dominoes? It is played like regular dominoes but you match the numeral fraction to its corresponding pictorial fraction instead. This game is perfect for enriching fraction lessons and is great as an activity on its own. It has 54 fraction domino cards with 3 doubles and three blanks included. For higher grades, equivalent fractions can be matched. Instructions for playing and a game modification for advanced students are included. You can get it here at my TpT collection or here from Teachers Notebook.


When I was designing it on the computer, I was aiming for about 30 to 36 cards. But then, I became focused on having as many fraction designs as I could create.

However, it was only when I was finished printing that I realized that I made too many cards - at least more that I initially planned to do. But I figure that the extra cards could't hurt. Sometimes, I shuffle the deck and divide it among separate groups to play.  



Click here to get these from my TPT Store ( as a Ms Word Doc)! It's also available as a pdf here.

Happy teaching!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
As a Caribbean primary school teacher, I share my unique classroom with the world through this blog. Readers step into my class through the pictures, articles and classroom samples of games and lessons used in my class. I have been teaching since 2005 at the std. 4 primary level in Trinidad and Tobago. I am particularly interested in sharing my own personal lesson plans, tests and activities. Teachers need to share ideas and support each other because in doing so, we help to educate our students and develop ourselves as teachers. Technology is ever evolving and we as teachers should get on board with it, collaborate and keep up to date with this new age that we live in. Our students belong to this technological era and we must embrace opportunities to learn from each other in this global community. I also love to express my creativity in the classroom. I am a bit of a craftster . So I'm always cutting, gluing or making something... a game, a chart, a learning center, etc. So, teachers and parents, feel free to stop by and see what's new at Nyla's Crafty Teaching!