Sunday, 11 August 2013

Ring Binder Tips for Classroom Use


Free-Ring-Binder-Pages-for-Classroom-Use
Free-Ring-Binder-Pages-for-Classroom-UseRing binders are good for many purposes in the classroom. You can use them for storing and organizing your lesson plans, classroom forms, posters, calendar pages, classroom centers, and you can even flip them into desk-top flip charts. Oh yeah. As teachers, we are great at improvising. I saw this idea in Pinterest and had to try it for myself. It is a very simple DIY project - making storage packets for your binder to store your centers or classroom stationery. I got some resealable clear bags and lined the sealed ends with duct tape (you can use washi tape instead to make it colorful). Then I punched in the holes and used them to store flash cards and centers in my ring binder. The tape protects the bags from tearing.
From...
How-to-make-storage-pockets-for-your-bindertoHow-to-make-storage-pockets-for-your-binder
 to marking out where the holes will be punched out...
How-to-make-storage-pockets-for-your-binder to this! How-to-make-storage-pockets-for-your-binder

If you are short on time, you can always get these commercially available zippered binder cases. Even though the pictures shown below have classroom stationery and other stuff, think of having your flash cards and centers in them to go along with your lesson plans.
 
   

Click on any of the links below to download free teacher binder pages and school year calendars for your ring binders. 
                                 


Here's a tip I got from ChartChums. I'm not sure how they did it but it looks like they inverted a binder and slid the sloping back flap into a long reinforced sleeve that folds under to hold the end of the front flap in place (left picture below). This is a fabulous idea because I see Flip Chart Binders (the real deal) for a lot of money on Amazon. I'd rather pay six dollars for a strong ring binder that I can invert than to pay seventeen dollars for the custom made one.


These are my Ring Binder Tips for Classroom Use:
  1. Choose binders that are durable.
  2. Use binders that can be personalized with a title page inserted at the front with your name and class information and other information along the spine of the binder.
  3. Don't overcrowd your binder, choose a 2" or 3" ring binder for larger volumes of pages.
  4. Select a binder with inner pockets on the inside of the front and back.
  5. Know that binders are not limited to storing papers, they are also handy for keeping your stationery in one place.

I am sure that you already use some of these Ring Binder Tips for Classroom Use and if you want to share any ideas you like, please leave me a comment below this post. Happy teaching!

About Me

My photo
As a Caribbean primary school teacher, I share my unique classroom with the world through this blog. Readers step into my class through the pictures, articles and classroom samples of games and lessons used in my class. I have been teaching since 2005 at the std. 4 primary level in Trinidad and Tobago. I am particularly interested in sharing my own personal lesson plans, tests and activities. Teachers need to share ideas and support each other because in doing so, we help to educate our students and develop ourselves as teachers. Technology is ever evolving and we as teachers should get on board with it, collaborate and keep up to date with this new age that we live in. Our students belong to this technological era and we must embrace opportunities to learn from each other in this global community. I also love to express my creativity in the classroom. I am a bit of a craftster . So I'm always cutting, gluing or making something... a game, a chart, a learning center, etc. So, teachers and parents, feel free to stop by and see what's new at Nyla's Crafty Teaching!