Monday, 1 October 2012

What can you create with a Laminator?

Laminators for teachers
I wanted to make a place value game for my students, one that's durable and fun. Thank's to my laminator, here's how I did it... First I created the templates on my laptop then printed them out...
Place value for second grade
I heated up my laminator and passed the prints through... (this is the best part!) Then, I sliced and diced them up with my guillotine. And... Presto! My students love their new place value center!
Third-Grade-math-activities

What are the other awesome things you can create with your laminator? Lots! Teachers everywhere use them as inexpensive way of dressing-up their classrooms. You can make personalized name tags for your students, classroom center labels, posters, award certificates, bookmarks, flash cards, signs, timetables, desk mats, dry-erase boards, etc. 

6 comments:

Ashley Nicole said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I just ordered a laminator for myself that should be here tomorrow!!!

Ashley @ Fierce in Fourth

Sarah said...

I cannot live without my laminator! :) Especially considering we have a limit on lamination at school

Sarah
teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

Summer Daniels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica Lawler said...

Hi there - I'm your newest follower and am so glad I stumbled onto your blog.

I definitely agree with your love of laminators! We work so hard creating our activities, games, and resources and laminating helps ensure we can use them year after year. It's an extra step, but certainly a worthwhile one.

I'll be checking back often :)

~Jessica
Joy in the Journey

takeshi007 said...

Laminator is a machine with the help of which one can keep your documents and pictures in a film. are the machines which not only help in presenting your documents in a better manner but also protect your documents.

A2 Laminators

Celine Hedlund said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

About Me

My Photo
As a Caribbean primary school teacher, I share my unique classroom with the world through this blog. Readers step into my class through the pictures, articles and classroom samples of games and lessons used in my class. I have been teaching since 2005 at the std. 4 primary level in Trinidad and Tobago. I am particularly interested in sharing my own personal lesson plans, tests and activities. Teachers need to share ideas and support each other because in doing so, we help to educate our students and develop ourselves as teachers. Technology is ever evolving and we as teachers should get on board with it, collaborate and keep up to date with this new age that we live in. Our students belong to this technological era and we must embrace opportunities to learn from each other in this global community. I also love to express my creativity in the classroom. I am a bit of a craftster . So I'm always cutting, gluing or making something... a game, a chart, a learning center, etc. So, teachers and parents, feel free to stop by and see what's new at Nyla's Crafty Teaching!