These are so easy to make! Just give each of your students one sheet of colored paper and a lollipop. Children working in pairs must each have a different color of paper.
Here are the steps for the students:
- Fold your paper in half.
- Draw a large heart and cut it out so that you have two identical hearts.
- Wrap and glue the pointy bases of the hearts around the lollipop stick. These will form the butterfly's wings.
- Exchange the remaining scrap of paper you have with your partner. This will give you a new color to add patterns to your butterfly's wings.
- Draw circles on the scrap of paper and cut them out.
- Stick the circles on the wings to make spots.
Older children can add more details of their own to their butterfly like adding eyes and a mouth to the lollipop to make a face. This craft can be used for Valentine's Day or for Spring. Just chose the right colors of paper for the theme that you are using. Click here to download a free printable Google Doc template of this craft.
You can also download it for free straight from my TpT Store. Just click on the TpT icon below.