This is the new Nyla's Crafty Teaching logo. I tried to make one that has a little of all of the things that represent me.
My husband thinks that the colors are too milky but I love pastel colors; they are soothing to look at. (To me anyway!)
Here's how I did it:
- Using the shape tools in Microsoft Word, I made a border.
- I used some graphics that I bought online, pasted them into Microsoft Word along with textured shapes that I made within Microsoft Word.
- Then I selected each shape and clicked on 'Send in front of text' so that they could be moved freely about the page.
- I set the layering order in which the shapes appear.
- Also, I inserted the word art feature (this can be done at any step).
- Then I tried to group each shape together so that they could be considered as one whole.
- Using the screen snapshot button on the keyboard, (the PRTSC SYSRQ button), I copied, pasted then cropped my new image.
- Finally I copied and pasted that to Microsoft Paint and saved it as a jpeg.
This process can take anywhere from a few hours to complete to a few days. It depends on how much time you have! It's better to take you time and go slow because sometimes, while in the middle of it, you can get an 'Aha moment' and then you might want to start all over again with a new concept.