Sunday, 10 July 2011

How I made my new Logo...

This is the new Nyla's Crafty Teaching logo.  I tried to make one that has a little of all of the things that represent me.
My husband thinks that the colors are too milky but I love pastel colors; they are soothing to look at. (To me anyway!) 
Here's how I did it:
  1. Using the shape tools in Microsoft Word, I made a border.
  2. I used some graphics that I bought online, pasted them into Microsoft Word along with textured shapes that I made within Microsoft Word. 
  3. Then I selected each shape and clicked on 'Send in front of text' so that they could be moved freely about the page.
  4. I set the layering order in which the shapes appear.
  5. Also, I inserted the word art feature (this can be done at any step).
  6. Then I tried to group each shape together so that they could be considered as one whole. 
  7. Using the screen snapshot button on the keyboard, (the PRTSC SYSRQ button), I copied, pasted then cropped my new image.
  8. Finally I copied and pasted that to Microsoft Paint and saved it as a jpeg.
This process can take anywhere from a few hours to complete to a few days.  It depends on how much time you have!  It's better to take your time and go slow because sometimes, while in the middle of it, you can get an 'Aha moment' and then you might want to start all over again with a new concept.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I think it looks great, you did an awesome job!

Teacher Nyla said...

Thanks!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for sharing! I just switched to a Mac... about the time I started blogging. Between trying to understand the two... I feel like I am a kindergartener myself! I actually paid someone to go and do all this for me... but I know these directions will come in handy at some point!

Empowering Kinders and Other Kids Too

Madame Aiello said...

Thanks Nyla... I'm about to take on this task tonight, and any (and all) help is needed! Really appreciate you sharing your process with us!

Tammy Aiello
http://teachingfsl.blogspot.com

Humberto Decius said...

Thanks for sharing this, Nyla. I must say that you did a pretty good job on doing a logo with elements that really stand out individually – from the cloud and sun to the pencil and rulers. I'll definitely follow these steps you posted and hopefully create a good-looking logo like yours. :)

Humberto Decius

Teacher Nyla said...

Thank you for the kind words and I wish all of you the best of luck!

About Me

My Photo
As a Caribbean primary school teacher, I share my unique classroom with the world through this blog. Readers step into my class through the pictures, articles and classroom samples of games and lessons used in my class. I have been teaching since 2005 at the std. 4 primary level in Trinidad and Tobago. I am particularly interested in sharing my own personal lesson plans, tests and activities. Teachers need to share ideas and support each other because in doing so, we help to educate our students and develop ourselves as teachers. Technology is ever evolving and we as teachers should get on board with it, collaborate and keep up to date with this new age that we live in. Our students belong to this technological era and we must embrace opportunities to learn from each other in this global community. I also love to express my creativity in the classroom. I am a bit of a craftster . So I'm always cutting, gluing or making something... a game, a chart, a learning center, etc. So, teachers and parents, feel free to stop by and see what's new at Nyla's Crafty Teaching!